What to Expect
YOUR FIRST SESSION
For Sports Massage and Deep Tissue
These two types of treatments are focused more on therapy rather than relaxation. Your first session includes a consultation with an assessment. After gathering information about your health and medical history, I assess what treatment plan may be best for you.
Initial assessment involves observation of posture, movement patterns, passive and active muscle testing. Allow at least an hour for the first session, which includes a consultation with assessment, treatment, and treatment plan which provides you with suggested exercises, stretches, and any follow up sessions if necessary.
YOUR FIRST SESSION
For All Services Except Sports Massage and Deep Tissue
Most of the sessions (with the exceptions of sports massage and deep tissue massage) combine relaxation and therapy, but the focus is a bit more on relaxation. Your first session includes completing a Health Profile so I can be informed of your health and medical history.
RECEIVING A MASSAGE (effective 19th JULY 2021)
Please DO NOT arrive for your appointment if you have:
· A new continuous cough
· Any signs of a high temperature—this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or
· Any shortness of breath
· A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
· Had or are in close contact with a known case of Covid 19 within the last 14 days or if
any family member or household member is unwell with the above symptoms
· If you belong to or live with someone who is in the high-risk group from Covid 19
COVID-19 High Risk Groups
Please consider if this appointment is medically essential for you, especially if you meet any of the following criteria, I will screen for this on your initial appointment:
· You are aged over 70.
· You have a BMI > 40.
· You have a weakened immune system.
· You have any co-morbidities which can cause immunosuppression such as diabetes,
HIV/AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis, alcohol abuse, smoking, long-term steroid use, cancer
diagnosis or current cancer treatment.
· You are caring for anyone in the shielded category.
· Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of your appointment time.
· You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
· You have a personal choice to decide whether or not you wear a face covering, based on the most current government regulations/restrictions.
· I will be taking your temperature with a hand-held infrared thermometer when you
· If your booking takes place at one of the clinics or garden cabin, windows will be open
where possible to maximize ventilation.
· You have the option to have your session take place outdoors under a lovely gazebo
with a canopy in a private area next to a stream where there is plenty of fresh
ventilation. Some of you may feel like this may be a "safer" option since the mask
wearing requirement has been lifted by the government.
· Please bring your own drinking water to your session.
· You are asked to bring your own tissues and if you need to cough or sneeze, please do
so in the tissue.
· Please keep personal items to a minimum and in your pocket or bag for the duration
of your appointment.
· You must notify me if you develop symptoms of coronavirus within two weeks of
attending your appointment.
Cleaning of the Clinic area
Cleaning measures will include the cleaning and disinfection of all hard surfaces, floors, chairs, door handles, massage table, sanitary fittings and reusable care equipment. More time is allowed between appointments for the extra cleaning measures.
As government guidelines change, the above information will also change accordingly.
You will not be charged with last minute cancellations if you are feeling unwell.
Please refer to my Coronavirus Policy for further information.